Lemons not only make a great glass of lemonade but they naturally contain valuable health and beauty aide properties as well.
According to Phyllis Balch, C.N.C., author of Prescription for Cooking and Dietary Wellness, “No drink can compare with the valuable properties, internally or externally. As a cleanser it neutralizes and promotes healing.”
Mrs. Balch also states, “Lemons cleanse the bloodstream and liver, reduce inflammation, treat colds, influenza, sore throat, bronchitis, asthma, indigestion, heartburn, diabetes, scurvy, fevers, and rheumatism. Lemons are a wonderful liver stimulant and a solvent for uric acid and other toxins.”
With such health benefits, please be sure to check out these home uses for lemons.
- Acne Treatment — After washing the face to remove oils, pat the face with lemon juice three times a day.
- Blood Purifier — Drink the juice of one lemon in a cup of warm water each morning. (Lemon juice should not be consumed if you have an ulcer.)
- Cough Suppressant — Mix lemon juice and honey in a small glass jar. Take a tablespoon as needed.
- Hand Cleaner, Softener, and Odor Remover — To cleanse and soften the hands after washing dishes or to remove vegetable stains, rub hands well with lemon juice. It will also remove strong odors such as onions and fish from the hands.
- Heartburn Relief — Add 1 t. lemon juice to half a glass of water and drink.
- Sore Throat Gargle — Combine equal amounts of lemon juice and water.