Don’t forget to exercise your brain as you age. Your memory can be improved by doing some of the following:
1. Crosswords/Sudoko/Word Finds: Take some time each day to challenge your brain to a crossword, Sudoko or word find challenge. Find them in the newspapers, online and in books.
2. Play Scrabble: Great thinking game. Can be played online too.
3. Lean to play a new instrument or take up a new hobby.
4. Use a different hand. If you’re right-handed, use your left hand to brush your teeth, or hair.
5. Physical exercise. Exercise is good for the brain. Get out and walk the dog, try a yoga class, go swimming, find something that keeps you moving.
6. Read, Read, Read. Read the Almanac, the newspaper, back of the cereal box, your e-mail, and more!
7. Eat Fish. Fish is the ultimate brain food; eat fish a few times a week for a healthy mind. Try to avoid mercury-laden fish such as swordfish and stick with safer fish such as salmon.
8. Superfoods. Avocados, olive oil and blueberries are also recommended memory-boosting foods.
9. Stimulate your senses by getting a massage, trying new food, and aromatherapy.
10. Keep balance in your life so stress is limited and sleeping habits are good.