Of the 4 seasons, winter can be the most trying. Cold temperatures, short days, and dry air can lead to a whole host of ailments, from cracked skin to the seasonable blues. These 5 winter tips are simple strategies to help keep you feeling fantastic through the long months of winter:
- Moisturize naturally. To keep your mane healthy during the colder months, use products infused with coconut oil. Vitamin E oil also helps fight static electricity caused by blow-drying and dry air.
- Cover up! Keep your hands covered throughout the season—the cold can cause skin to chap, which can turn into fissures and become infected.
- Check detectors. Cold weather and closed spaces can sometimes make for a dangerous mix. Remember to check batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide alarms before winter sets in and keep doing so throughout the season.
- Keep the gray away. Populate your living space with splashes of color in pillows, draperies, bedding, and carpets.
- Go green. Plants not only purify the air, but can help put a “spring” in your step too. Add some near your work station and surround yourself in green.
- Walk out to winter. Getting fresh air during winter will stave off depression and keep you fit and healthy. If you encounter any ice or slippery surfaces, remember to walk flat-footed; that way you’re less likely to hurt yourself.
Do you have any winter tips to keep yourself happy during the long winter months? Share them in the comments below.