Once the eggs are gone, empty egg cartons can be reused efficiently in the home, garage and potting shed. Here are a few ideas:
- Egg cartons make great plant starter trays. Remove the lid; add potting soil and seeds to each mini compartment, water and place where it will receive sunlight daily.
- Egg cartons make it easy to sort, organize and house screws and bolts in the garage. Label the contents on the lid.
- Mix art or craft paints in empty egg cartons and use during arts and crafts projects.
- Keep cake decorating tips and other small kitchen items organized and sorted in empty egg cartons.
- Line the insides of mailing packages with egg cartons to cushion breakable items during shipping.
- Use an empty egg carton to serve as a coin cash drawer at your next yard sale or when playing store and teaching the children how to make change.
- Need to soak your rings and necklaces in jewelry cleaner? Add a ring or other piece of jewelry to each different compartment in an egg carton. Pour in enough liquid jewelry cleaner to cover and allow soaking.
Note: When reusing egg cartons in the kitchen, make sure you only use washable egg cartons. Wash in soapy, hot water before reusing. Cardboard type egg cartons are perfect for using in gardening and potting shed projects.