Decorating for the seasons, instead of the holidays, makes your décor last longer. With just a few carefully chosen items, your home can always be dressed for the season. Here are a few decorating ideas for winter.
- Welcome all who enter with an evergreen or pine cone wreath on the front door.
- Spray either wreath choice with artificial snow and attach a white bow to complete the winter look.
- Hang a white, wicker basket or metal floral container on the door and fill with holly or artificial poinsettia. (In February, add tulips to the plain evergreen wreath or the wicker basket hanging on the door).
- Tack garlands of evergreen around the doorway and spray with artificial snow.
- Place slender, columnar evergreen plans in urns on either side of the front entrance.
- Spray evergreen topiaries, tiny cones, or sweet gum balls with artificial snow and place in footed milk-glass containers. Then arrange on foyer table.