Looking for a homemade touch for your Thanksgiving table? Try making napkin rings from honeysuckle vines.
- Clip green, fresh honeysuckle vines to 12” lengths. Fresh clipped vines are pliable and easy to shape. (Clip anytime before freezing temperatures reach your area.)
- Pull your hand across each vine to remove the leaves.
- Braid three to five vines together. Shape the vines into a circle, just wide enough for a fabric napkin to fit through.
- Poke any exposed ends through the mini wreath to conceal.
- Tie a thin colorful ribbon onto each napkin ring or hot glue a tiny silk mum to each ring to bring the colors of autumn to your table. (Hot glue guns should not be handled by young children.)
- Repeat process until you’ve made a napkin ring for each table place setting.
The honeysuckle vine napkin rings will dry to a nice rustic brown.