The Farmers Almanac
BUY The 2018 Almanac NOW!

Eliminate Mold and Mildew Naturally!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Add to Google+ Share on Pinterest Subscribe by Email Print This Post

Baking Soda
If your mold or mildew is particularly stubborn, you may need something more abrasive than vinegar or oils. Baking soda is perfect for muscling away mildew and mold, especially in harder to clean spots, such as in corners or on grout, as well as for clearing away mildew stains after it’s already been killed. For best results, wet the baking soda with water to make a paste and then scrub the areas with a brush or sponge. Rinse with white vinegar to wash away the residue.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Articles you might also like...

1 Linda { 06.29.15 at 7:20 pm }

Nice article and agree with all; however, do believe a WARNING needs to be made to all NOT to use vinegar and hydrogen peroxide together as it will then emit a deadly gas! (basic ingredients of a hydrogen bomb)

2 www.mydoterra.comericaduncan { 06.29.15 at 3:13 pm }

I am a massage therapist and have done great amounts of research on eos and used a ton of different ones. (And by reasearch, I dont mean reading blogs 🙂 ) Doterra are by far the best and purest out there. I have testing and scientific research to back that up and am willing to share all that I know. There is a reason hospitals such as Vanderbilt and Johns Hopkins are using doterra oils specifically. Feel free to contact me on my website for more info. There are so many ways that oils can be adultered and passed off as pure. Doterra is the only Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade.

3 Gerry { 06.28.15 at 8:03 pm }

I have tried many brands of eo’s and the best I have found is Young Living Essential Oils. No, I am not a dealer. I have a friend that is though. She has done lots of research and I trust her. I use certain oils to help me battle cancer for the second time. I wish I had heard about them for the first go round! Just check out youngliving.com and see for yourself.

4 Shelley Davis { 09.09.14 at 9:23 am }

I use viniger for cat pee and dog pee on clothes and bedding. Just soak over night in washer full of water. Add two cups of viniger let it run a bit so the viniger is mixed through then soak over night. Run washer smell is gone.

5 Grannie { 09.07.14 at 2:12 pm }

For years I have used a variety of products to keep my bathroom free of mildew, then I discovered the most effective way to keep it spotlessly clean. After showering, use a couple of old towels, wipe the enclosure surface dry. That’s it. It takes exactly a minute or so, of your time. Keep the area dry and ventilated. Do it after every showering, you’ll never have to clean your bath again.

6 Www.youngliving.com/meljjohnson8 for EO's purest oils { 09.07.14 at 9:30 am }

You won’t find this grade of purity at your local shoppe unless it says Young Living. Because EO’s penetrate the blood/brain barrier your better health depends on this purity.

7 Di { 02.06.14 at 10:13 pm }

You can get essential oils from any health food store….

8 Ali { 02.06.14 at 4:23 pm }

Yes! Thanks Beth…I would also like to know where to buy good essential oils.

9 Sara { 02.06.14 at 2:51 pm }

Just used vinegar to clean a white tupperware bowl that had spaghetti sauce in it….let it soak for several hours and the bowl was almost like new!

10 Beth { 02.05.14 at 10:27 am }

Where can I find essential oils?

11 Ali { 02.05.14 at 10:24 am }

I LOVE vinegar…use it for everything!

If you notice a hole in the upper left-hand corner of your Farmers' Almanac, don't return it to the store! That hole isn't a defect; it's a part of history. Starting with the first edition of the Farmers' Almanac in 1818, readers used to nail holes into the corners to hang it up in their homes, barns, and outhouses (to provide both reading material and toilet paper). In 1919, the Almanac's publishers began pre-drilling holes in the corners to make it even easier for readers to keep all of that invaluable information (and paper) handy.

Spring Is Here – Sign Up Today!

The Farmers' Almanac is a gardener's best friend. Get 365 days of access to our online weather and gardening calendars + a copy of the 2017 Almanac
for only $13.99 $11.99!