- 2 cups kumquats, seeded and quartered
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chili oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh ginger grated (tip: you can freeze a ginger root and grate what you want as needed)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, lightly roasted
- Directions:Combine kumquats, sugar, and chicken. Allow the mixture to sit for half an hour, tossing occasionally. Combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, corn starch, cinnamon, and cloves. Set aside. In a wok or large skillet combine chili oil and grated ginger. Sauté on medium heat for 1 minute. Add chicken. Cook for 3 minutes. Add sauce mixture and kumquats. Stir until thickened. Add vinegar. Turn down the heat, cover the pan and simmer another 2-3 minutes, until chicken begins to brown and kumquats soften. Add water if needed during cooking. Toss with sesame seeds and serve over rice or noodles.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!