- 1 large sweet potato, pierced with fork
- 1 1/3 cups gluten-free flour, plus additional
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Microwave sweet potato until tender, about 6 minutes per side or until soft/done. Halve, and scoop out 1 cup flesh. Cool.
- Blend flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt in processor. Add butter; pulse to a coarse meal. Add potato, buttermilk, and syrup; process to blend. Add nuts; pulse to blend.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface, and pat or roll into 8 1/2-inch square. Using a biscuit cutter or glass, cut out 8 large or 16 small biscuits. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving Calories 217Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 3mgSodium 424mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 3gSugar 9gProtein 5g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. Any nutritional information on farmersalmanac.com is auto-caluclated and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate. The nutritional labels are a product of online calculators such as Nutritionix.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest