Talk about a seasonal salad! Check out this tasty salad recipe that’s loaded with iron and Vitamin C, a great nutritional combination!
Spinach And Arugula Salad With Strawberry Dressing
- 2 big handfuls of spinach
- 2 big handfuls of arugula
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped Vidalia onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries,
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Wash greens and spin dry, then add to a large serving bowl. Top with the avocado, onions, and walnuts.
- In food processor add all dressing ingredients except oil. Blend, and then slowly incorporate oil until combined. Add salt to taste.
- Dress salad right before serving.
Timely Tip: Always choose locally grown strawberries, which are sweeter and juicier than those bred for shipment. If possible, pick your own. When choosing strawberries from a grocery store, look for the plumpest, reddest, and most fragrant berries.