Looking for unusual container gardening ideas? Reuse some of those common containers hanging around your house and turn them into unusual but effective pots for plants!
5 Cool Container Gardening Ideas
- Colander. Everyone has an old metal or plastic colander kicking around the house somewhere. It can be painted any color and comes with plenty of drainage.
- Tool Box. If you’ve ever been to a garage sale, you’ve most likely seen one with three worn out screwdrivers, two broken tape measures, and one rusted hammer in it. Bring it home and put some plants in it.
- Tea Kettle. What to do with the old tea kettle once you buy the shiny new one? Make it a planter.
- Plumbing Fixtures. Sinks, toilets, washbasins—all work great and look funky.
- Dresser Drawers. Easy to come by. Leave them in the dresser or use them by themselves.