Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup good quality olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar - only red wine vinegar!
- 1 teaspoon oregano – dried (or 1/2 teaspoon fresh if you’re growing it)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions:Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse in short one-second increments, only about 4 to 5 times. You want this sauce to be coarse and chunky, not pulverized like pesto sauce. Serve immediately or store in an airtight glass container in the fridge where it will keep for about 1 week. Yield: 1.5 cups.Note: If oil solidifies, just let it stand at room temperature and mix.If you’re not a fan of cilantro, you can use all parsley.