This year’s Canadian Farmers’ Almanac is packed with not only a forecast you’ve got to read, but also tons of tips, life hacks, recipes, and healthy living advice, including:
- Will the 2015-16 winter be a repeat of last year’s? Remember the bitterly cold and snowy winter in Eastern Canada last year? Or the mild winter on the West Coast? Check our seasonal maps, page 53, and weather predictions for the next 16 months, page 55.
- Could the 1816 “Year Without a Summer” repeat itself 200 years later? See our summer outlook for next summer, page 52, and learn more about the devastating “eighteen hundred and froze to death,” page 7.
- What do numerous fogs in August mean for the upcoming winter? Check out some popular weather lore signs that foretell a tough winter, page 128.
- Going Against the Grain. With nearly a third of Canadians either on a gluten-free diet or interested in trying one, the question of what grains to eat, or whether to eat them at all, is popular almost anywhere you go. It can all be a bit confusing! To separate the wheat from the chaff, this story contains the goods on the grains, and a few recipes, page 18.
- Candles 101: The Whole Ball of Wax. Everything you always wanted to know about candles, but were afraid to ask. An overview of the different types of candles, from paraffin, to beeswax, and soy, as well as instructions on how to make your own beeswax candle, page 108.
- Ever try a sweet pickle muffin? Get this recipe and other winning recipes plus find out what our new contest is, page 28.
- Don’t buy it make it! Everyday foods you can easily make yourself, including recipes for butter, garlic powder, sauerkraut and more, page 24.
- The scoop on scrubs: Find out what scrubs do for you skin, why you should exfoliate, and how you can make your own homemade scrubs, page 112.
- Can tea help you feel better and help improve your memory? An overview of the types of teas, the health benefits, and differences between white, black, green, and herbal teas, page 98.
- Top Tips for healthier dogs. Useful tips and ways to help keep your dogs healthy and happy. A must-read article for all pet owners, page 12.
- Get the skinny on fats. A look at why fat is important for a healthy lifestyle, page 104.
- To seed or not to seed? An overview of the benefits of transplants vs. seeds and which may be the better option, page 32.
- 10 ways to naturally combat garden pests, page 36.
- Learn to read the sky! This year, we include a useful article on 6 steps to stargazing that offers tips, advice and more! Must read, page 92.
Each new edition of the Canadian Farmers’ Almanac contains 16 months of amazingly accurate weather forecasts, best day guides, planting tips, recipes, sustainable living advice, healthy hints, natural remedies, astronomy, and a bit of humor. The Canadian Farmers’ Almanac is your source for ideas on how to “grow your life.” It contains the right amount of useful advice mixed in with weather, wit, and wisdom. Get your copy online here or go to one of these retailers.
Buy a .PDF version of the Canadian Farmers’ Almanac by following this link »