Set your sights on the 2020 Farmers’ Almanac, your four-season pass for all things weather! It contains 16 months of accurate forecasts (September 2019 through December 2020) and full-color maps, keeping you weather wiser from the wonder of the first snowfall to the last temperature drop below freezing!
Our Exclusive Winter Weather Forecast:
- Winter 2019-2020—will it be as teeth-chattering as last year? When will the first snow fall? (p. 65)
- Why you should prepare for a “POLAR COASTER” winter and which zones will get hit the hardest.
- Will spring arrive on time? How hot and wet will summer 2020 be?
Conversation Starters & Trivia:
- Top 10 bugs you can eat, if you really have to. (p. 22)
- What fruits and veggies are in season, when? We have an interactive map that shows you what to buy in your region (p. 20)
- New and clever uses for balloons, sleds, and wine corks. (p. 16)
- Fabulous Firsts! Ever wonder about the first diet? First electric car? Water bottle? 911 call? We’ve got them! (p. 72)
Natural Remedies & Tips:
- Easy ways to move to a plant-based diet. (p. 85)
- Natural ways to prevent and treat fleas. (p. 102)
- Melt ice in ways you never thought of. (p. 58)
- Can cold weather ever be a good thing? (p. 176)
- Crazy and unusual ways to use potatoes. (p. 182)
Fascinating, Intriguing Facts:
- 10 cool things about jellyfish you may not know. (p. 116)
- Dates and times of all Supermoons in 2020 and what makes them “super.” (p. 120)
- Are you in the right spot for your weather passion? (p. 60)
- A celebration of 100 years since women earned the right to vote. (p. 104)
Weather Lore & Sayings:
- How does a fuzzy caterpillar predict the winter? (p. 54)
- What is “corn snow” and the Mother’s Day Rule? (p. 178)
- Can aches and pains predict the weather? (p. 52)
- Favorite snow lore (p. 180), such as… Smoke that curls downward and lingers means a nearing storm.