- 4 eggs
- 8 oz mozzarella cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup grated Italian cheese
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbs parsley minced
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can or frozen package of artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- double pie crust – either homemade or store-bought
- Prepare 9” pie pan with bottom crust.
- In a medium sized frying pan, add the olive oil, garlic and cut up artichokes.
- Saute’ until lightly browned, let cool.
- In a medium sized bowl, add eggs, both cheeses, parsley and artichoke hearts after they have cooled.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie plate.
- Add top crust.
- Bake for 15 min at 450° F, then 350° F for 30 minutes.
Susan Shanagan lives in Northwest New Jersey. She is a food aficionado who loves to cook and experiment with delicious ingredients.