Nothing says fall like acorn squash! This recipe is a wonderful side dish for the holidays or simply a way to show off your garden’s bounty any night of the week!
cook time: 30 MINUTES
additional time: 35 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR 5 MINUTES
Baked Stuffed Acorn Squash With Cranberry Stuffing
- Boiling water
- 2 acorn squash
- 2 large cooking apples, peeled, cored, chopped
- 2 to 4 tablespoons dried cranberries or raisins
- 3 to 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1. In a large baking dish or jelly roll pan, pour in around ¼-inch of boiling water.2. Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds and stringy pulp. 3. Place squash halves, cut sides down, in baking dish.Bake at 375ºF for 30 minutes.4. Combine remaining ingredients.5. Stuff center of each squash half with apple mixture.6. Bake stuffing-side-up for 30 to 35 minutes or until apples and squash are tender.7. Stir each squash center lightly before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!