Baked Stuffed Acorn Squash With Cranberry Stuffing
Nothing says fall like acorn squash! This recipe is a wonderful side dish for the holidays or simply a way to show off your garden’s bounty any night of the week!
cook time: 30 MINUTES
additional time: 35 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR 5 MINUTES
- Boiling water
- 2 acorn squash
- 2 large cooking apples, peeled, cored, chopped
- 2 to 4 tablespoons dried cranberries or raisins
- 3 to 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large baking dish or jelly roll pan, pour in around ¼-inch of boiling water.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds and stringy pulp.
- Place squash halves, cut sides down, in baking dish.
- Bake at 375ºF for 30 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Stuff center of each squash half with apple mixture.
- Bake stuffing-side-up for 30 to 35 minutes or until apples and squash are tender.
- Stir each squash center lightly before serving. Makes 4 servings.