This delicious black bean salad recipe was created by Chef Jenn Segal, from the Once Upon A Chef.
Black Bean Salad With Corn, Red Peppers, and Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
- 2 15 ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 ears fresh cooked corn, kernels cut off the cob (or 12 oz. can of corn, drained, works fine)
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots, from one medium shallot, or chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more or less to taste)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 9 tablespoons high-quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (be sure to zest limes before juicing them)
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish (optional – you can substitute fresh flat-leaf parsley if you’re not a fan)
- 2 avocados, chopped
- Combine all ingredients except for avocados in a large bowl and mix well. Cover and chill for a few hours or overnight—letting the flavors meld makes it even more delicious!
- Right before serving, add avocados and mix gently, being careful not to mash them. Garnish with more chopped cilantro if desired.