This delicious black bean salad recipe was created by Chef Jenn Segal, from the Once Upon A Chef.
Black Bean Salad With Corn, Red Peppers, and Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
- 2 15 ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 ears fresh cooked corn, kernels cut off the cob (or 12 oz. can of corn, drained, works fine)
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots, from one medium shallot, or chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more or less to taste)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 9 tablespoons high-quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (be sure to zest limes before juicing them)
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish (optional – you can substitute fresh flat-leaf parsley if you’re not a fan)
- 2 avocados, chopped
- Directions:Combine all ingredients except for avocados in a large bowl and mix well. Cover and chill for a few hours or overnight—letting the flavors meld makes it even more delicious!Right before serving, add avocados and mix gently, being careful not to mash them. Garnish with more chopped cilantro if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!