This easy, cool summer soup is a must-try, and a great way to use up your garden veggies. It’s also a great way to get your “5 a day” and help curb your appetite.
Best Gazpacho Recipe
- 4-5 ripe tomatoes
- 1 large cucumber, peeled
- 1 large red onion, quartered
- 1 green or red bell pepper, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups tomato juice or V8 juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco® (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Ground black pepper
- Directions:In a blender or food processor, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, bell pepper, garlic, and 1 cup of tomato juice. Pulse until the veggies are coarsely chopped but not liquified, working in batches, if necessary.In a large serving bowl, mix the pureed vegetables with the remaining tomato juice, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, pepper sauce (if desired). Add salt and pepper, to taste. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Serves 4. If desired, add a dollop of plain yogurt to each bowl and a sprig of cilantro or flat leaf parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!