Who says you have to wait until November to enjoy pumpkin pie? This recipe—which combines the fall flavors of maple and pumpkin spice—is delicious any time of year. Or bake one up for Canada’s Thanksgiving in October!
Maple Pumpkin Pie
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin purée
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup real Canadian or Maine maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 nine inch unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin purée, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and salt.
- Stir in maple syrup, half-and-half, and flour.
- Mix in eggs one at a time.
- Pour filling into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake in middle of oven at 350° F for 1 hour, or until center is set.