Let’s talk about the weather! No one loves the topic of weather more than we do, which is why we get giddy when we stumble upon fun sayings, quips, and quotes about it, especially winter weather. Here are 11 of our favorites!
Favorite Quotes About Winter
- Winter is the season in which people try to keep the house as warm as it was in the summer, when they complained about the heat.
- One kind word can warm three winter months.
- Winter either bites with its teeth or lashes with its tail.
- Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.
- Snowflakes are kisses from heaven.
- Snowmen fall from heaven…unassembled.
- When it snows, you have two choices: shovel or make snow angels.
- Snow and adolescence are the only problems that disappear if you ignore them long enough. ~Earl Wilson
- The snow is sparkling like a million little suns. ~Lama Willa Miller
- Whether the weather be fine, Whether the weather be not, Whether the weather be cold, Whether the weather be hot, We’ll weather the weather, Whatever the weather, Whether we like it or not ~Author Unknown
- There’s one good thing about snow, it makes your lawn look as nice as your neighbor’s. ~Clyde Moore
- If you sing through the summer, you should dance through the winter.
Favorite Reasons NOT to Wish Winter Away
If our favorite quotes don’t have you looking forward to winter, here are some our favorite reasons why winter can be the best season:
- No crowds at the beach.
- Ice cream won’t melt on the way home from the store.
- You don’t have to mow the grass or weed the garden (in most places anyway).
- Winter comfort food – soups, chili, hot chocolate, homemade breads. . .
- Fires in your fireplace. There is something magical about watching a fire (don’t forget the marshmallows).
- Cold weather is a good excuse to do nothing, without the guilt. Stay inside and catch up on good books, movies, or crafts. Especially good when temperatures really dip, and snow starts to fall.
- Winter sports – winter is the only time you can go skiing, snowboarding, sled riding, ice skating, and more.
- No humidity in the air (good for hair and for exercising).
- No biting bugs.
- Snow. There’s just something magical (until March) about the pretty white stuff that blankets the ground and trees. It’s almost like someone dusts our landscape with powdered sugar. Enjoy it — make snowmen, have a snowball fight, go sled riding, take pictures of it.
Add Some Fun To Winter Days
If winter quotes don’t cut it, here are a few fun ways to keep winter fun:
Got snow? Think color! Fill an empty spray bottle with water and a few drops of food color (enough to change to desired color). Then decorate the snow, snowman or snowbanks with bright colors.
Make Winter Family Time
Pull out the board games, shut off the screens, and pull out those craft projects you never seem to get to. Winter is bonding time.
Inside Home Improvement Projects
Winter is a good time to tackle projects like painting, wallpapering, or even doing minor things like changing a room around. These projects will keep you busy and help give you a small change of scenery.
Just because the temperature may be cold and the ground white, there’s no reason to lock yourself indoors. Dress in layers and appropriate clothes and head out. Sledding, skiing, snowshoeing, or just taking a walk may prove to be just the remedy for the winter doldrums. The air is crisp; there are no bugs; and the activities will give you some exercise too.
Get a jump on housework by doing spring cleaning early. This will allow you to head outdoors once the warmer temperatures finally arrive.
Do you have a favorite weather quote, no matter what the season? Share it with us in the comments below! And don’t forget to check our winter forecast!