Want to show your appreciation for Mom? How about breakfast in bed or a lovely brunch? Here’s our list of recipes to make for Mom that she will love — our cinnamon French Toast recipe is out of this world!
French Bread Cinnamon French Toast
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- Dash salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 slices Italian bread
- Whisk eggs and milk together, then add sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip 6 slices of French or Italian bread into mixture, coating both sides.
- Cook in a well-greased, non-stick skillet, working in batches if you have to, turning until each side until cooked through and golden brown.
- Sprinkle slices with cinnamon sugar, powdered sugar, or Mom’s favorite maple syrup!
- Serve with some fresh fruit.
Individual Coffee Cakes
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoon melted shortening
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 beaten egg
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon flour
- 2 teaspoon butter or margarine
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat to 375° F
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Combine shortening, rind, egg and milk. Add to dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Turn into paper cup lined muffin pans.
- Mix all topping ingredients together then sprinkle on top of each muffin.
- Bake at 375° F for 20 minutes.
Cream of Asparagus Soup
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup evaporated milk, scalded
- Salt and pepper
- Simmer the asparagus in salted water. Drain. Cut off and save the tender tips. Mash the stems through a coarse sieve.
- Place onion slices in the milk and scald; remove onion. Add the asparagus pulp to the milk.
- Blend together butter and flour, stir in a little hot milk to make a paste, and add slowly to the soup while stirring. Bring to a boil, add evaporated milk and most of the asparagus tips.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with asparagus tips.