These lettuce wraps are easy to make, fun to eat, delicious and nutritious! A tasty, low-carb meal that’s ready in a snap.
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 8 scallions, white and green parts, minced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup water chestnuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce or Teriyaki sauce
- 6 soft lettuce leaves, such as butter or Boston Bib
- Chopped peanuts, cilantro leaves, and lime wedges for garnish (optional)
- Heat the oil in a skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the ground chicken, scallions, and cornstarch and cook, stirring constantly, until the chicken is cooked through, and broken up (but do not brown), about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the water chestnuts, soy sauce, ginger, and oyster sauce and cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Cool slightly.
- If you like spice, add some red pepper flakes or a dash of hot chili oil to the chicken mixture.
- To serve, generously spoon chicken mixture into the center of each lettuce leaf. Wrap the lettuce around the filling. Top with cilantro leaves and chopped peanuts, if using, then eat like a taco.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!