Give the best Father’s Day present—food! Whip up these delicious treats for Dad he’s sure to love.
This recipe calls for parboiling the ribs before tossing them on the grill to reduce cooking time, and they come out tender and delicious!
- 4 lbs. pork spareribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp prepared mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 thin lemon slices
- Directions:Simmer ribs in salted water in large Dutch oven for 1 hour. In a saucepan, melt butter. Add garlic and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes. Add rest of the ingredients. Heat to boiling.Drain ribs and place in a shallow baking pan. Pour sauce over ribs. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes, basting often.
Grilled Cajun Beef Kabobs
Kabobs are a summer staple, but these Garlic Jalapeño Steak Kabobs with Cajun Grilled Pineapple are anything but ordinary! You are going to love the combo
- 1 pound beef top sirloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-2 large yellow onions, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 metal skewers
- Directions:Place steak pieces in a large bowl. Add all ingredients into bowl except red bell pepper and onion. Mix well and cover. Place in refrigerator, and allow to marinate for 1-4 hours. Preheat grill for medium heat. Thread beef, red bell pepper, and onion pieces alternately onto skewers. Place on grill and cook for 15-18 minutes, turning once. Remove from heat and serve.
Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers
his is a quick and easy recipe to make Indian Stuffed Jalapeño Peppers. The fresh green peppers are loaded with aromatic Indian Spices
- 5 large jalapeno peppers
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 lb. roll of breakfast sausage
- 1 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- Directions:(Depending on how many of these you want to make, you can adjust the ingredients to suit your needs). Wash and remove pepper stems. Cut lengthwise down the middle, using the roundest sides to fill. Clean out seeds and white membranes. Let dry. Brown sausage, and drain well. Stir cream cheese and sausage together. Fill each section of pepper with the mixture. Top with shredded cheese. Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes. These stuffed peppers are delicious!
Root Beer Float
Spoon a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream into a tall glass. Slowly pour root beer into the glass, allowing the foam to rise and then recede before adding more root beer. Serve with straws and spoons
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 (1-liter) bottle root beer, chilled
- 4 glasses
- Directions:Pour about 1/2 cup of root beer into the bottom of each glass. Carefully add one scoop of ice cream to each glass, then fill the glass with more root beer. The glasses will probably overflow, but that’s part of the fun.