This carrot cake is perfectly spiced and wonderfully delicious with cream cheese frosting (recipe below).
Best Carrot Cake Recipe
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 lb. carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped (plus extra if you want to sprinkle on top, optional)
- 1 cup raisins
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups to 2 3/4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt together and set aside.
- Beat sugar into oil.
- Blend dry ingredients with oil and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each egg.
- Fold in carrots, nuts, and raisins.
- Pour into a lightly oiled 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Beat together butter and cream cheese with a hand mixer.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla and blend well.
- Spread over cooled cake (you may slice horizontally and make a layer of frosting in the middle if you’d like).
- Sprinkle extra nuts on top of frosting.