Deviled eggs are a true favorite with everyone and a perfect go-to appetizer for any occasion. If you’re looking for a simple, classic recipe, this is it!
Classic Deviled Eggs
- 6 hardboiled eggs
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepperGarnish (see list below)
- Cut cooked, peeled eggs lengthwise into halves.
- Carefully take out yolks, mash with fork in a small bowl.
- Mix in mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Fill whites with yolk mixture.
- Chill for at least 1 hour. Makes 6 servings.
- You can garnish each deviled egg half with the following if desired:– Slice of small sweet gherkin pickle– Slice of green or black olive– Sprig of green onion– Sprinkle of paprika or tarragon
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!