One of the most perfect dishes that says “fall,” apple crisp is easy to prepare and always a crowd pleaser. We include an alternative crockpot method, too!
Fall Apple Crisp
- 5 large apples, sliced (peeling is optional)
- 1 stick cold butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Directions:Toss slices with 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon. Set asideButter a 7 x 11 inch baking pan and fill with the sliced apples. If the apples are bland, a few drops of lemon juice can sharpen the flavor. In a large bowl, cut the butter in with the flour, oats, brown sugar, salt, and remaining cinnamon until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Cover apples with the crumb topping; press in lightly if necessary. Bake at 375° F for 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool slightly. Serve warm with ice cream, whipped cream, or a dusting of confectioners’ sugar. Also delicious cold!Crock Pot Method: Add sliced apples to crockpot, and top with crumb topping. Cover and set to High for 4 hours. Let cool with lid off and serve warm with ice cream!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!