Potato Kale Soup
- 3 cups kale
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 red potatoes, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse kale, remove stems, and chop into fine pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon broth in a medium soup pot. Sauté onion in broth over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and continue to sauté for another minute.
- Add rest of broth, carrots, and celery and bring to a boil on high heat.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and kale, and cook until potatoes are tender about 15 more minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook another 5 minutes.