If you’re looking to do some baking but there’s no flour, check the pantry to see if you have any pancake mix and try this banana bread recipe. It’s moist and delicious. Serve it warm with butter!
Banana Bread Day: Try This Easy, Short-Cut Version
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (leave a bit chunky)
- 2 2/3 cup any brand pancake mix labeled “complete” (“buttermilk complete” also OK)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts and/or chocolate chips (optional)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, add bananas, eggs, milk, vanilla and oil. Add pancake mix and sugar. Mix well. Fold in nuts and/or chips.
- Pour into the greased pan and cook for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Toothpick or wooden skewer should come out clean from the center.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack and cool an additional 15 minutes. Serve warm with butter or plain. You can even toast slices the next day for a great breakfast!
Banana Bread Waffles!
Want to get really creative? Ladle batter into a heated waffle iron and make banana bread waffles! See more great ideas of yummy things you can make in a waffle iron!