Cucumbers are more than just a salad veggie! In fact, researches have long known about the many health benefits of cukes. So no matter how you slice ’em, they’re good for you in so many ways!
Things You May Not Have Known About Cucumbers
- They’re a great hangover remedy. Cucumbers are a valuable source of sugar, vitamin B, and electrolytes. Eat a couple of slices before bed after a night out, and you might wake up headache-free.
- They cure bad breath. Simply place a slice of cucumber on the roof of your mouth, hold it there for 30 seconds, then chew and swallow. Check out these other bad breath cures.
- They’re great at depuffing eyes. Since cucumbers contain 90% water, they can help alleviate eye puffiness.
- Cucumbers are loaded with vitamins. Cucumbers contain all of these vitamins and minerals: vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, folic acid, vitamin C, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc.
- Cucumbers are actually a fruit, not a vegetable. It develops from the cucumber flower and contains seeds
- The phrase “cool as a cucumber” is thought to have originated from the fact that in hot weather, the inside of a cucumber remains cooler than the air.