Check out these creative ways to stay cool when the temperatures soar!
7 Ways to Keep Cool During Hot Days
- Cool your pulse points by running cold water or ice cubes over your wrists for a few minutes.
- Place a cold cloth or cold pack on the back of your neck and leave it there for at least 5 minutes.
- Eat small meals rather than large ones as digestion raises the body’s core temperature.
- Cool off your bed at night by using a freezing bottled water. Use it to cool your ankles and the back of your knees.
- Freeze a couple of water bottles (freeze one for Fido, too, and put it in the pet’s bed to keep him cool) and use them to cool down pulse points.
- Don’t turn on the oven! Cook outside using the grill, or use your microwave, crock pot, or serve something cold, like a yummy protein-packed salad. Try this one!
- Use overhead (ceiling) fans if you have them. For floor fans, place a bowl of ice or a frozen water jug behind the fan. The air will be cool. You may also want to place a fan on the hot side of a room and have the air blow out, basically allowing the fan to pull the heated air out of the room.